- Go to Google Maps in your web browser (http://maps.google.com/maps)
- Type in the address of the community garden that you want to look at (EG - "Maple & W 6th, Vancouver, BC" for the Kitsilano Maple gardens) and press search. The main map display will be then centred on that address.
- Click and drag the little yellow person icon from the left side of the map onto the street location of the garden. Notice that as you drag, all the streets that have a street view change to blue.
- Once you release the icon, the map view will change to a street view. At this point, you can click and drag on the photo to rotate the view, and use the "+" and "-" keys to zoom in and out for a better look at stuff.
- To move up and down the street, you just click on the direction arrows on the street lines.
That's basically it. You can get an idea of what these gardens look like in the spring without actually physically going there in the nasty winter rain. And to get you started, here are a few direct links to some gardens:
Kitsilano Maple Community Garden
Mole Hill Community Garden
Elizabeth Rogers Community Garden
Wall Street Community Garden